GAELTACHT SCHOLARSHIPS 2017
Similar to 2016 the following will be the procedure for obtaining a Gaeltacht Scholarship from Coiste Chontae Thiobraid Árann in 2017;
- The scholarships are confined to 2nd Year, TY and 5th Year Students and previous recipients of Tipperary GAA Gaeltacht scholarships cannot apply in 2017.
- Students should immediately book a course directly from one of the three nominated Munster Irish Colleges on the application Form. This should be done asap as popular dates are booked out quickly.
- Students wishing to secure a scholarship from Tipperary GAA should complete the attached application form and submit it through their own local GAA Club.
- The secretary of the GAA Club must sign the form and attach a reference letter supporting the applicant's application before returning it to the Co Rúnaí. Please note the club recommending the successful applicant will be contributing €75 to the scholarship along with the Division, Co Board and Munster Council.
- Interviews for the scholarships will be held in Lár na Páirce around the end of February/early March to establish each candidate's suitability.
- Once the student is notified that they have been successful they must secure a receipt for their full fee payment from the Irish College where they have registered.
- Once this receipt is received by the Co Rúnaí the scholarship cheque for €300 will be posted out directly to the students home.
The Closing date for the receipt of Gaeltacht Scholarship Applications is Mon Feb 20th 2017.